Planning and Community Development Director
Town of Oakland
Oakland, TN United States
The Town of Oakland is seeking a strong, innovative, engaging, and visionary Planning and Community Development Director to oversee the Town’s planning, zoning, development reviews, and planning initiatives. The Town of Oakland is a rapidly growing community; the Director of Planning and Community Development will have wide-ranging responsibilities within the Town’s organization. This position is responsible for the administration, direction, supervision, and operation of the Planning and Community Development Department.
• Graduation from accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Architecture, Engineering, or Public Administration required. (Master’s Degree desired)
• Five (5) to seven (7) years of increasingly responsible administrative experience involving planning and zoning required.
• Experience in city or county government desired.
• Direct department budgetary experience required.
• American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification preferred.
This is a full-time salaried exempt position with a salary range of $49,920 - $62,380 depending upon qualifications and experience. The Town of Oakland is an EOE/Drug Free Workplace employer. Cover letters and resumes should be submitted on or before Wednesday, July 28, 2021. Please submit to: Attention: Town Manager, Town of Oakland, P.O. Box 56, Oakland, TN 38060 or emailed to: email@example.com
A full job description is available online at www.oaklandtennessee.org
The Town of Oakland does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability.