Senior Planner / Project Manager
Halff Associates, Inc.
Little Rock, AR United States
Senior Planner / Project Manager
Halff Associates Inc. is seeking to hire an experienced Senior Planner to join the Little Rock, Arkansas team as a Project Manager. The ideal person for this position can thrive in a collaborative work environment with an interdisciplinary team of planners, landscape architects, and engineers on a variety of planning efforts. The Halff Little Rock team is involved in exciting planning projects in Arkansas and beyond ranging from comprehensive plan preparation; parks, recreation, and trails planning; active transportation planning; downtown, corridor and special area planning; urban design and land planning; development codes; and more.
The responsibilities of the Senior Planner will include project management and leadership of public engagement, plan development, and technical report writing and document production, including maps and graphic elements needed to convey the concepts and ideas generated in each planning effort. The Senior Planner will mentor younger staff; balance client, company, and project team responsibilities; manage budgets and tasks; and oversee the preparation of high-quality documents and deliverables. The successful candidate will also be skilled at leading diverse public engagement programs, possess a confident presentation style, and be proficient at managing the competing interests of project stakeholders as necessary.
The intent is to locate this position in the Little Rock office, but other Arkansas offices could be considered depending on the circumstances of an individual candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree in community/urban planning, landscape architecture, architecture, or a closely related field;
- 6 years of experience in a planning capacity;
- 3 years of project management experience;
- Strong knowledge of computer programs (GIS, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office programs) and the ability to produce attractive maps, graphics, and written documents.
- Experience in both the public and private sector;
- Well organized, detail oriented, and highly motivated;
- Demonstrated abilities in facilitating community stakeholder input and public meetings;
- Strong writing and graphic skills;
- AICP certification.
Commensurate with experience. Halff Associates has a competitive pay and benefits package.
Interested candidates who meet or exceed the above qualifications are invited to submit a letter of interest, resume, and writing/graphic samples of recent work. If collaborative work is shown, credit team members and note your role where applicable.
Halff Associates is a unique, employee-owned, regional consulting firm that has provided full-service engineering, planning, landscape architecture, architecture, and related land development services for decades. We are committed to continually investing in our employees, fostering a culture of collaboration, and delivering unwaveringly high-quality results for our clients. Our passion is providing smarter solutions with a distinctly human touch for everyone we serve. We improve lives and communities by turning ideas into reality. Halff continues to be ranked by Engineering News-Record as one of the top firms in Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana, winning the following awards in 2021:
- Award: Trifecta Award; Zweig Group
- Award: 2021 Best Firms to Work For; Zweig Group
- Award: 2021 Hot Firm; Zweig Group
- Award: 2021 Marketing Excellence; Zweig Group
- Award: Top 500 Design Firms (No. 102); Engineering News-Record
- Award: Best Place for Working Parents, Dallas Regional Chamber
- Award: Top Workplace - Austin American Statesman
- Award: Top Workplace - Houston Chronicle
- Award: Top Workplace - Small Employers, San Antonio Express-News
Halff Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
10800 Financial Centre Parkway., Ste. 500
Little Rock, AR 72211
Kalyn Mclean, Human Resources Recruiter
1201 N Bowser Rd
Richardson, TX 75081-2275
Direct: (214) 346-6434