Community and Regional Planning Intern
Greater Nashville Regional Council
Nashville, TN United States
The Greater Nashville Regional Council (GNRC) is seeking an undergraduate or graduate intern with a background in urban and regional planning to join its Community and Regional Planning Department. GNRC develops regional plans for transportation, solid waste, economic development, environmental quality, and a growing list of additional products. At the local level, GNRC provides staffing support to county and municipal planning commissions and conducts studies or develops local comprehensive plans and zoning ordinances on a fee-for-service basis.
The selected candidate will have an opportunity to apply technical skills in planning, GIS, data analysis, and community engagement to support meaningful projects in a rapidly growing metropolitan area. The duties of the intern may include:
- Conduct research to document local or national best practices, lessons learned on a variety of government-related topics,
- Assist with the preparation of reports to document planning program activities and outcomes,
- Assist with the development of community engagement tools including online surveys, stakeholder lists, promotional material, etc.,
- Assist with logistics and preparation for a variety of stakeholder and public meetings and events across the Middle Tennessee area, and
- Other assignments as determined by the Director of Community and Regional Planning to support outreach and engagement related to transportation and land use planning efforts spanning a variety of issues including freight and goods movement, transportation funding options, bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure, environmental quality, local comprehensive planning, etc.
Qualifications: The preferred candidate will have prior coursework or practical experience in land use planning, transportation planning, geography, public policy, or related field.
For more information and to apply, please visit: www.gnrc.org/jobs